Wednesday, November 22, 2006
21 hours... I have been counting down since this morning! My egg retrieval is at 8:30am tomorrow so I have 21 hours to go (its 11:30 now). I have to say that I am SO nervous. My belly is feeling uneasy, the butterfly feeling. But not in a good way. I am scared. I am not really scared of the ER part, but more of IVF being over. I am now on the REAL stuff. Whether it works or not, well thats it! When I was in the injection part, I was really hopeful since I didn't know whether it would work. It was so far away, it seemed. Well now the ER is here and then ET will be here too and that's it. I will know whether all my work and pain worked. It sucks you have to go through all this and still not guaranteed a BFP. I do remain hopeful, I am praying alot. I am thinking about it alot. I just have to remember that it MIGHT not work. It just might not. And that hurts alot!! So WAIT for baseline u/s to check for cysts was nothing. Now that I know I went through, now here is the real wait. The wait to see if it works. I really hope I have some nice great eggs. I really hope that our embies fertilize good. We are doing ICSI in which they will individually inject a single sperm into each of my eggs so at least we bypass the "let's wait to see if they naturally fertilize" but they still might not fertilize normally. I really hope we have some embies to freeze. That would be awesome just in case this didn't work. We are transferring two so hopefully we get a PAIR of excellent embies. I am so nervous!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi there ,
Came to your blog from FF , just wanted to let you know that I was in your shoes exactly about 18 months ago . I ve also got PCOS , my DH MFI and we also are young like you guys ( doesn't it suck) , well IVF worked for us , and it will for you too , have faith and keep praying , after your ER rest , drink lots of water , oh yes I was also worried about hyperstimming and I did a little but it really wasn't too bad .
Good luck . Looking forward to hearing how your little eggs are and how your embryos are growing , isn't it amazing !!
Ant ( momtoanna on FF)
Post a Comment