Monday, October 02, 2006

Finally the day has come!! Yahooo!!! Our appt went very good. Our doctor is very nice (shouts out to Dr. Dunn) and supportive. He went over our history and gave us his advice as far as what we can do etc.. He went over IUI with injectibles and then IVF. He said those were 2 good options for us. He said we could do 3 IUI's and then if not PG then we would definately move into IVF. We told him that with our male factor and my pcos we think its best just to move into IVF. So he told me that he wanted me to switch to Glucophage Extended release at 2000 mg a day instead of the regular Met asap. He said he will not do any kind of ovulation stimulation until I have been on that for 4 weeks because that will optimize my eggies. He said that my bloodwork only showed PCOs.. No thyroid, or adrenal gland problems which is very good. Also my eggs are in perfect condition and that even with PCOS my eggs are the same as a woman my age w/o pcos only I don't ovulate on my own. He said he gives us a HIGH chance of pg being soo young with IVF (I think he said like a 60 % or higher). He said I was his favorite type of patient because of the statistics being so high. He said to keep eating good and exercising because its always better to lose a bit of weight. He seemed aggressive and confident that the IVF will work. Oh and we are doing IVF with ICSI. He said since that he will not take the chance of the spermies not fertilizing the egg. Also, he mentioned that he will only transfer 2 embryo's at my age (which is fine!) and that IVF will be more safe in terms of multiples... unless God chose to split one of the babies into 2 and then I would have identical twins and a faternal triplet but he said this is very, very rare. He said its with injectibles and IUI that is more common to have twins or triplets or even more because of the injectibles making a lot of eggies and having no control of where the spermies go! (YIKES) He mentioned that at our age our probability of mutliples (twins) is about 1/3 - 1/4!!! I kinda was shocked but that is fine! I think I can handle twins!!! Soo the plan is this. He gave me the prescription for Provera, BCPs, and the Glucophage XR. I will start the GlucXR asap, and the provera too. Then I will start BCPs on any day of cd 1-5 to hopefully get my AF by beginning of November. By then I should have had the Gluc XR for at least 4 weeks and I will call them to schedule my class... I am soo happy but nervous! I can't believe this is real! YAY!
Who would have thought that I would be doing IVF?? I went from no insurance, no hope to FULLY PAID (besides copays and $150 deductible) infertility treatment. God is so good! I am sad that I am letting go of my dream/fantasy of making love with Aaron and making a baby. That does make me sad. I have always pictured it that way. But... sometimes life doesn't go the way WE plan. Sometimes God opens doors we didn't even know we wanted to go through much less know we would... Its a life lesson for me. And every time I look into my baby's eyes I will remember that lesson but no matter where or how my baby was conceived, Aaron and I will LOVE them and be grateful for them. <3

I think of all the times I spent with the Lord crying and praying. God does listen. I know I am not PG yet but I truly feel like its my time. I feel like God has HEARD my cry. I feel I have MOVED Him and He has come to my rescue. He was always there of course but its "the" time. Finally...

No comments: