HOLY SONOHYSTEROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, either I am a wimp or my body is backyards. I was told by numerous of women that the SHG was sooo much easier than HSG. Even the nurse practitioner told me beforehand that it would be much less pain and procedure than my HSG. Boy was she wrong!!! In my case, this was one of the most painful experiences so far in my TTC journey. The first BIG pain was the aftermath of egg retrieval (yowza!). Then the pain after taking that darn cytotec the night before D&C (OMG! the uterine contractions) and now I have added SHG. It hurt me so bad I was in tears. And the only freaking time that Aaron couldn't come because he had to work (I had told him I would be fine.. not to worry) and this was the time I needed him the most. She put in the speculum then rubbed my cervix with 2 swabs then put in the catheter (OUCH!) and then filled me up like a balloon. I felt like I was being twisted on the inside. Once she finally finishes she apologizes and asks me if I am okay. She tells me I can sit up so I do and we are talking and then all of sudden I start seeing everything in circles.. uh oh. I tell her I feel light headed and down I go on the bed. Thank God I was still on the table. I blacked out for a sec and then she told me to just lay there. She said some people get that way (who, the wimps?) and we start talking about IVF#1 and my PG etc... About 10 minutes passes and she says to try again. I felt better so she handed me my RX form and that was it... Well I start getting dressed and I start feeling it again. By now she is long gone so I position myself by the chairs they have there and down I go AGAIN. All by myself too!!! I totally black out again. I had no strength to call nobody and I felt my ears pop and just felt soooo faint. I could literally feel my blood pressure go down and I just closed my eyes. I remember starting to sweat and just looking at myself in the mirror that sits on the side of the chairs. I looked pale and drunk. I sat in there for about 10 mintues again and finally I felt a bit better. I was so sore and my uterus kept doing weird things like contracting and pulsating. Eww! I left and sat in my car for another 10 minutes. Finally I drove home. I felt drunk for the rest of the evening but somehow managed to go watch Shrek 3. :)
Before anybody asks, no I didn't take anything before the procedure. Since many FF women said it was so easy and that it was better than HSG I figured I would be fine. I was going to take some ibuprofen anyways just in case but I totally forgot since I was running late this morning. My HSG was a piece of cake so I figured it would be fine. NOT.
So that was my experience... My mom told me I better get with it because I can't be fainting during childbirth.. She is right but anytime my uterus starts contracting I go into passing out mode. I can't help it!
The good news is that my uterus is perfect. No scarring, no fibroids, no nothing. She said it was good of me to request it just in case. She went over all my history (while sitting there trying to pass time while I was trying to wake up) and commented on what a good responder I was and how Dr. Dunn plans to lower my dose early on this time. Why? I don't know. But she really made me sound like a great patient and how I was very lucky. I hope so.
I got my RX form. I start my bcps as soon as I get AF. I need to fax it over tomorrow to get all my meds! WOOHOO!!! Lets get this show started once again!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I soo can empathize with the pain of SHG. I had one in April. The doc told me it would be a little uncomfortable but I should be okay. As soon as he injected the fluid I felt pain like I haven't felt in a while (I've been through kidney stones and surgery). I started crying and shaking which made the nurse a little nervous and then she started tearing up. He couldn't get that speculum out of me fast enough. It took me a few minutes to compose myself enough to get dressed.
Wishing you lots of luck with the new cycle. My fingers are crossed for you.
Post a Comment