Yeah so after that I never did see AF again. lol So random...
Nothing new to report. I'm just enjoying the craziness of the holidays. I've shed a couple of single tears here and there (single because I don't let myself cry for more than just a moment) but that's to be expected around Christmas, ooooh and Easter, and Mother's Day and Father's day and my birthday.
Aaron and I chatted the other night about treatments and such and we're still not 100% there to start tomorrow but sometime in 2009 I shall start. I really would like to wait until my 30th
b-day in May so that I can still enjoy these last few months of being a crazy 20 something yr old.
I just wanted to share something that I posted on a forum that I visit/lurk in. My mind feels cramped and fuzzy right now thinking about the ivf wagon but what can I do. No miracle pg occured so most likely we'll be on that same yellow brick road soon enough.
After doing the last fresh cycle I decided to quit infertility treatments. My marriage was in shambles, I was hanging on to my sanity by a thread and I just wanted to run. I've been on break since Aug. 2007. Since then I've lost 35lbs, partied it up with my friends again, went on a REAL vacation with my hubby, and have just been happy and content being a young sassy sex-in-the-city type of gal. My marriage is doing so much better interestingly after changing MY attitude.
I still don't go to baby showers, hold babies or hang out with pg women. The only baby I can tolerate (annnnd gawd I love him so much) is my nephew. And yes, I still secretly hoped for a miracle but atlas, why would I even think it could happen?
Anywho, I told myself that when I turned 30 (in May) I just *might* go back to trying. Maybe. Well what do you know? The strings are tugging for some reason and I'm feeling that anxiety again. I am in the beginning of desiring this again. It started about 2 months ago and I somehow managed to tell myself to get over it. But it's back this week. So I'm thinking that maybe subconciously my body is realizing that it's almost my b-day and therefore it's time.
I'm so scared. Just thinking about it, makes me shiver, makes my belly flop, makes me anxious and makes my heart hurt. The way I am now (or before 2 months ago) I didn't feel that. I didn't have to face it therefore I was fine. If I start IVFing again, there goes my life. Because when I want a baby, I WANT IT and get so determined. I give myself to doctors, needles, u/s, meds, etc 100%. And that's fine but I'm just so scared of failing. I'm terrified to do another IVF or another FET and see a negative on an hpt. I'm scared of it all especially if I end up with empty arms.
Sometimes I rather live my life with never knowing if it would had worked than knowing that it didn't. At least in my own way of never knowing, I had hope. Which is so unlike me because in everything else that I do, I live my life with NO regrets. Thiis regret though, just might be worth it.
I'm just rambling but I'm just hoping that I'm not alone. That's another thing, I hate how IF and IVF make you feel so alone. IF is so hush hush already but put IVF in the mix and you might as well be a leper! Has anybody taken a long break? Did you feel this way? I just keep thinking I should be excited and hopeful but instead I'm thinking these next procedures will just be more confirmation of what I fear the most.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey chick, I hear ya.Especially about 'reliving' after ttcing to help yr marriage and mind.
Ive been on a 'break' since June, not as long as you but not going back to medical intervention till Feb 09. I'm starting to be ready but terrified at the same time.
We, too, are on a break. I find that I've been distancing myself not only from those who have babies but also IFers that are trying. Because I still do want to try. And I wish we could but we can't. We are just not financially stable right now. Plus we have no insurance so we can't even think about treatments. I still have the hope that I'll 'magically' wind up PG but I know, deep down, it's not likely. I have been getting AF fairly regularly since my last surgery so at least there's something on the mend. (Or so it seems.)
DH is now working for Verizon. They have awesome medical insurance and even cover IF treatments. I think they even cover IVF (though I hope we don't have to walk down that road as we still have yet to try IUI). It's nice to know that we will get to try again someday but, in the mean time, I am not emotionally healed enough to think about it like a rational person. So I distance myself and try to pretend that I am a-ok with being 'childless' for the time being. Some days are better than others.
I hope that when you get back to it that everything works out perfectly. It's the least 'mother nature' can do for you, right??
Hi, I can understand what you are going thru. I was also on break after one failed IUI. This month going for tubes patent testing and again raising my hopes and terrified at the same time.
Post a Comment